Today I had literally 20 minutes to take a shower and get ready for the day before every other minute was spent on something else. I said to Joseph, "Mom is going to take a shower, and then your friends, my visiting teachers and their kids are going to be come over." Next thing I knew Joseph was naked and in the shower. Shocked and bewildered I asked, "What are you doing!?" His reply, "I'll only take a minute." I couldn't believe it. So Joseph got the shower, not me!!
It made me think though....I never have heard a man say, "If I just get a shower sometime during the day, it's a good day." or "My shower is the only time I get to be alone." or "It seems like the hardest thing is finding time to get ready for the day." or "I have to wake up 30 minutes before my kids so that I can get ready for the day."
I love taking showers. It is 15 minutes to myself to relax and enjoy all the noise being drowned out, unless of course my kids are asking 101 questions or talking to me about something that is super important, I am sure. What would life be like if whenever I wanted to I could jump in the shower and spend time getting ready for the day without having to do things first, like......turn on a movie for the kids, or make sure Joseph has something to eat, or put Eden down for a nap, or... A feeling I won't know for a very long time from now. Maybe one day.....
January and February
11 years ago




3 comments:
Your time will come. I can't believe sweet Joseph took your shower time. Usually boys enjoy the dirt on their bodies. I hope you get your shower time soon.
I remember those days! I love my alone time too. I go to great lengths to get it, even if it means getting up early. It's worth it for my sanity. I do think it's hilarious, though, that Joseph jumped in your shower! That's the last straw! Is nothing sacred?! :)
So true. It seems like every time I go to take a shower, Chase is standing their ready to get in and I just let him in, too. Of course, he has usually already had a bath...he's a crazy kid!
Post a Comment