Our ward decided that it would be fun to have the primary kids walk in the Main Street Festival Parade. I don't recall ever wanting to be in a parade, but here we were, in the rain no less, walking in the parade. I kept waiting, checking email thinking that they were going to call it off....no luck! We had a good time and the kids loved eating donuts and drinking hot chocolate before it started. I let Alan off the hook and told him he didn't have to stand out in the ran to see us, more for Eden's sake then his but he still got out of it!
Little did anyone know that I had earphones in and was walking to my own beat!!
Afterwards I dropped the kids off at home and went back to work a shift in our booth that we have every year using one of my talents making balloon animals or art, depending on how you look at it! What would life be like without fabulous neighbors always willing to support you and document everything!! At this moment I was talking my turn at face painting. Thanks Grandpa Dan!
This year I made a fabulous hat for myself that I will have to get a picture of from one of my teenagers that happened to have a camera with her. It was a beauty!! I actually think it is fun to make the balloon animals (side note: this is the 4th year that I have made animals for our ward booth!) and it always cracks me up when some kid wants a zebra or a turtle, such a disappointment to get a sword or a dog instead!!
January and February
11 years ago




2 comments:
While we sat in the car, waiting for people to show up we certainly considered calling it off - but then people came! One primary activity down! (I am posting about this today too - sorry to be such a copy cat :)
You are amazing! What a fun day for your kids. You even make balloon animals? So talented.
Post a Comment