Monday, January 29, 2007

Peter Pan

Last night Peter woke up as I was going to bed. I sat and held him for a moment enjoying the snuggle time. I started a conversation that went something like this:

MOM: Will you take me to Neverland someday?
Peter: Neverland?
MOM: Yeah, Neverland.
Peter: How would we get there? Would we drive or take a boat?
MOM: We would fly of course!
Peter: Fly, but we don't know how to get there.
MOM: Yes we do, it's second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.


(Pause) By this point my curly blond hair boy with dimples is grinning from ear to ear, his eyes wide with excitement....


Peter: But it would be scary there...
MOM: Scary, how come?
Peter: What about Captain Hook and the Pirates?
MOM: Pirates! but Peter always gets away.....
Peter: giggles and more giggles
MOM: I love you Peter Pan!

It's moments like these that make all the headaches worth it!

1 comment:

Mary said...

That is sweet. Peter is such a cute boy!