Monday, October 1, 2007

Happy Birthday "B"!

Today my little girl turned 8, amazing! I can't believe that so much time has passed, it makes me feel like I am getting old without me realizing it. I am actually having a hard time with letting her grow up and be her own self.


We had a special treat of Grandma Elaine coming from Colorado to celebrate this special day with us. Grandma went to school and had lunch with Hannah. Hannah could not have been more pleased to show off her Grandma. We also unwrapped Hannah's gifts of many earrings (including a turtle pair), bracelet, scriptures, My Little Pony's, clothes, a baptism memory book, and getting her ears pierced. We went out to eat at Don Pablo's for dinner as well as a quick visit to the DC temple. It was a fun packed day!

One wonderful quality of Hannah's, is her ability to love everyone and everything! From day one she has trusted and loved everyone that she has come in contact with. When she was little she never minded being dropped off at a sitter's house. She would just smile and wave and run off and play. She has a way of working herself into everyone's heart, even with out them knowing it. Once, when she was around 2, we went grocery shopping. She said Hi and smiled at everyone we passed even if we had passed them before. I, of course, was mortified, being one that doesn't usually talk to anyone, a smile maybe, but actually having words come out of my mouth, no. I had this lady come up to me as we were leaving, and she told me that the store should hire Hannah and that it would boost their sales and the amount of people who shopped there. That's my little girl!

It is amazing to walk into school with Hannah. She has to hug every teacher that she passes as well say "Hi" to all the kids she knows. Everyone knows her name and responds well to her. She has been getting into trouble because of her talking to friends and non-friends alike. She is always accepting of other people and welcomes others to freely join in playing.

Probably the biggest impact that this gift has brought into my life, is her ability to love her siblings. She has always been willing to play with and include her brothers in everything that she does, which makes some interesting playing time. With My Little Ponys and Rescue Hero's or when they dress up and who Hannah makes her brothers be. But Peter and Joseph have never minded one bit. They love to play with her and idolize her for being so cool!

I love you, B! You are a wonderful addition to our family. You are always willing to help. You are so gifted and talented in so many ways. Thanks for being you! You are beautiful!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Hannah! We love you

Lori said...

Isn't it crazy how these little girls of ours are growing up so fast? I feel like it was just yesterday they were little toddlers together. I also forgot that Hannah and I share the same birthday! Happy Birthday!

Jenni said...

Happy happy bday to Hannah!! 8 is such a big birthday and I'm so glad she had a good one! It sounds like she is just a little ray of sunshine!:)