Sunday, September 23, 2007

Relaxing......

Nothing like being on bed rest and having people serve you while lounging at a beach house. Alan and I had planned one more get-away with some friends, the Nichols, before I got put on bed rest but decided that it was probably more relaxing and that it would lift my spirits to still go. I must say it has done wonders!





Couple of highlights:


All of my children were out of character when we were at the beach. Last time we went Joseph and Peter wouldn't go near the water...this year we couldn't keep them out! Alan took each of them out to jump the waves. They ran and played and had so much fun!


Joseph said while out with Alan "This is a very yucky swimming pool." This kid scared me as I sat helpless on the beach watching.....He was fearless and would just run out and then sit down to let the waves wash over him.


Peter, although he was more than willing to go out in the ocean to a certain point, refused to go out further with Alan because "he wasn't big enough to go out that far." He definitely has limits that he won't cross if he is the one who set them. Alan did eventually drag him out in which he responded to me that he was just kidding and that he really had a fun time.


Hannah never skipped a beat. It was hard to keep her out of the water. She was always asking Alan to take her out farther. She had so much fun having her little friend Eve there to play in the sand and to sit in the ocean.


Alan buried all of the kids in the sand up to their necks, which they all though was so fun. They all struggled, while laughing, trying to get out from underneath the heavy sand.


It was a beautiful day! The breeze was blowing, the sky was blue, it wasn't hot but a pleasant 79 degrees and the sand was warm but not scalding hot. I loved it, but I love the ocean. It could not have been more relaxing!

It was so fun having the Jared, Gwyn, Eve, and Eleanor Nichol come! They are wonderful friends, who are fun to hang out with, talk with, and just relax with! Thanks guys for coming!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun!!! It looks like you had a really great time. I loved the pictures. Say hi to the Nicholes for us.

Anonymous said...

Thank YOU for inviting us! We had so much fun and those pictures are just great. What a gem of a weekend!

Lynette said...

Looks like so much fun!

Mendy said...

I am glad you had such a fun day. I hope it was truly relazing for you!