Sunday, April 19, 2009

There was an Old Woman

There was an old woman who lived in a shoe.

She had so many children, she didn't know what to do;

She gave them some broth without any bread;

Then whipped them all soundly and put them to bed.






This nursery rhyme has been going through my head lately....I wonder why? Maybe it has to do with the number of kids I have and how I feel like I am constantly having to feed someone!

3 comments:

Mendy said...

You're constantly feeding someone? I know his name--Joseph! Hee hee.

I heard that your baby was in the hospital. I am so sorry, Rebecca. Call me if you need anything.

Jenni said...

Ha! It's funny how some nursery rhymes take on new meanings as a parent!:)

Chelsea said...

Rebecca, How funny. I have this rhyme in my "Silly Nursery Rhymes" book and it says she "Kissed" them all soundly and put them to bed. How funny the change of the word--I'm sure if I had about 16 children (how many it pictured in the book) I would probably not be doing as much kissing as "disciplining".
Rebecca, you are an awesome mom! You handle them so well and make it look so easy!
love ya!