Monday, March 30, 2009

a First

Umbie fell off today.
Mom gave me my first real bath. I hated it. I cried really loud, but it didn't help. She kept singing and scrubbing.
-Miriam

8 comments:

Stacee Maree said...

I just have not seen all these in the last two weeks. She is beautiful. and amen on the pit. I hate that stuff and in a way I am glad that Cait was a C-section, because I haven't been allowed to have it with the other two deliveries. Hated the stuff.

Jenni said...

I'm just catching up on posts - CONGRATS!!! I'm so excited for you and love the name Miriam! She is beautiful!

~Mandy~ said...

Congrats on the baby! That's awesome, what do people say to you when you have such a big "brood?" Do you get a lot of comments where you are at? I think it's awesome!

the design boss said...

It's really interesting peoples reaction...it's either they think I am crazy and they are not afraid to tell me how crazy I am. Or they think it is wonderful and I get all sorts of stories of how many they wanted and why they can't have more...or they are just amazed, but they fall into the second group. I don't usally have all of them with me all the time. I will take a couple of them with me and people can't believe when I tell them that I have 5....the response is always, "You look so young!"
All the nurses at my doctors office just thought it was wonderful and were so excited for me.
All the nurses I had in the hospital were amazed that I had 5 kids as well. They were all thrilled when the kids came in to meet Miriam. I had three different nurses come in for different reasons...I think it was just to see my brood! Nice to know that I was being talked about in the hallway!

Libby said...

Those darn moms who keep singing and scrubbing away! Hope she let you have a good nap afterward.

Jamie said...

I love it that moms get so excited when those darn stumps fall off.

Kelly said...

What Happy Times!
Love the video of the kids meeting little sis. She is so Darling! Wish I could take a turn to kiss and hold her!
Congrats of 12 BIG years! Awesome! It seems like it was just yesterday!
We LOVE YOU!
xoxoxox

gwyn said...

Dear Miriam,
Congrats on the umbie! And congrats on your arrival into this big world. You are one lucky girl to have such a great mama! And I am sure they are lucky to have you, too.

looking forward to meeting you one day,
Gwyn