Joseph has a problem with listening and this post demonstrates it perfectly. "Hannah, Peter, and Joseph get your socks and shoes on, please." "OK, make sure that you have a coat, hat, and gloves, and then go get in the car." We pull up to The Gardens Ice House to participate in their free skate day. We get all the skates, go to put them on, and Joseph is not wearing socks. Nice!! Took a deep breath and asked him if I had asked him to put on sock and shoes. Yes....OK so we are going ice skating with no socks....good. Everyone now has their skates on, making sure they are all bundled up. "Joseph where are your gloves?" "In the car, I didn't want to carry them." Another deep breath. Okay, we will skate without gloves or socks!! Maybe he will get cold enough that next time he will listen!
Hannah and Peter have never been ice skating before and they LOVED it! They thought that it was so fun and awesome!!
Joseph was convinced that the ice would break and the he would fall through and drown. I tried to explain that it was only a couple of inches thick, but it fell on deaf ears. Joe and I went around twice and then I left Joseph to take Peter around once, and then we watched Hannah and Peter go around. There were other friends there to watch as well.
Mom also got to try out her new camera, which was a lot of fun!!
Joseph did get cold and was crying by the end to go home....hopefully the lesson is learned. I can always hope!!
January and February
11 years ago




4 comments:
Sounds like a lot of fun. I have one who likes to do things her own way too. It is frustrating sometimes, and then someone reminds me that she is the one who is most like me. OOPS!!
THat's hilarious....my husband does the same thing and he is 28 years old!!!
Sometimes its so hard to roll with the punches that kids throw at us... But at least he'll wear his socks and mittens next time!:)
Sometimes if feel that my talking is falling on deaf ears. We have MANY Family Home Evening Lessons on listening. It is not doing any good. "What, did you say something, Mom?"
Post a Comment