I hate being sick! I hate it when my kids are sick! I hate it when my husband is sick! It's just no fun, and with our ever-expanding family, it just spreads from one person to the next.
At the beginning of October, Eden and I started with a cold. Then all the kids and I got the stomach flu (which Alan missed, because he was in Germany). Then we got another cold that ever so slowly went through the family. At the end of the month, Joseph brought home pink eye. Eden got it shortly after as well as a double ear infection. Just as she was feeling better, Peter began screaming one night because his ear hurt. Sure enough, a late night doctor visit confirmed he had a bad ear infection.
Just when we thought we were done, Hannah broke out with pink eye and Eden went into round 2. After Hannah was on the antibiotic drops for over 24 hours I sent her back to school looking red in the eyes but with huge improvement compared to what she looked like, only to have Joseph stay home with brand new sickness symptoms. He stayed home yesterday with a fever, headache, and an arm ache. He woke up doing better today (day 2) but then about 10:00 a.m. he came down with pink eye again!!!
What am I missing in my cleaning and sanitizing that sickness keeps going around?
After being to the doctors 3 times in the last week (not to mention the 4 times in the previous 2 weeks), and taking care of sick kids, and cleaning my house, and forcing hand sanitizer on everyone, and washing my hands 40 times a day, I have only two words to say:
I'm done......
January and February
11 years ago




10 comments:
That sounds miserable!! I hope it all blows over soon. I think there is nothing wrong with your cleaning strategy. Unless you put everyone in their own bubble and/or forbid them from touching, breathing, or thinking about each other it will go around. I have had years like those too. It seems like once it starts it never stops. I am crossing my fingers, toes, and knocking on whatever hard surface is available that we don't have a year like that. If I didn't live across the nation from you I'd bring you all some chicken soup.
Man alive, that's rough! That's how it felt like our last winter went - the kids and I passed colds back and forth to each other all winter. And as soon as we were all better, we would pick up something new at church.
This is a good reminder to me to pull out the hand sanitizer in primary and nursery for all the kids again this week.
I am soooo sorry. Nothing like sick kid when you are prego and not up for anything "extra"
Your in my Prayrers!
yuck! that sucks! your poor family! i hope you guys feel better soon! maybe you should put your kids in a plastic bubble?
I am sorry, that really bites. Here's a tip for you. Take more vitamin D. Seriously. My husband and I take an extra 2,000 iu a day, but you can take up to 5,000 if you are sick. If your kids can swallow a teeny little pill, have them take an extra 1,000 a day too. It helps boost your immune system, which is really important in the winter because you aren't getting the Vitamin D from the sun like you did in the summer.
I hope you're all better soon. It was so fun seeing your family the other night. Selena keeps asking for her old play group friends. I'll have to plan a reunion for them.
Yuck. SO sorry -- I hate it when you can't seem to lick it. Hope all get well very soon!!
Yuck! We have been the same way out here! It seems like one at least one of us has been sick every week since August! It REEKS!
Aaaachooooo! ;) Hope everyone feels better soon.
What a great blog you have here! Thanks for sharing :)
Post a Comment