Monday, April 21, 2008

Getting old

Have you ever played freeze tag? Have you ever played freeze tag when you were 29 1/2?

Today I did and I felt old. We went to Bond Mill, the kids elementary school, so that they could show me all of their moves on the monkey bars and other playground equipment. They decided that they wanted to play freeze tag and asked if I wanted to play. I was laughing so hard after about 3 minutes of sprinting around the playground. My whole body ached as I zigged and zagged around trying to dodge whomever was "it" and saving those who were frozen. I couldn't stop laughing which probably made everything worse because I wasn't getting the oxygen my body needed. Such is life, maybe it's not that I am old, just out of shape. So many possibilities to why I can't sprint around like the good old days. And to think that I was thinking of maybe training for a mini-triathlon, maybe I should rethink that.

No comments: