Monday, November 26, 2007

Why me??

Yesterday Joseph couldn't hear and during our Sunday afternoon nap Peter woke up screaming because his ear hurt. I called early Monday morning to schedule a doctors appointment and sure enough, both of them had ear infections. While there I decided to get Eden checked as well because she sounded very similar to Joseph and Peter in terms of the cough and sounding clogged, I thought she might have an ear infection as well. Well, her ears were clear but after a weight check and discovering that she had lost weight, an x-ray, and a possible heart murmur, we got the news that they were going to admit her to the hospital.

Going back a little bit......Since she was two weeks old we have been going to the doctors for weight checks, at least every other day, because she has not wanted to gain weight. This completely boggled my mind because she has been a wonderful baby. She eats every 3-4 hours and is happy and content. Has many pee and poopy diapers, sleeps wonderfully and wakes up when she wants to eat. She was perfectly happy just being little. I have a friend who had a similar problem with her baby who is Joseph's age. She wondered if her breast milk was like Coke this time around, just empty calories. I wonder the same thing.....

1 comment:

Tiana said...

I am very sorry to hear things are rough for you guys right now. I hope the boys are getting better, and that you know what is causing Eden's weight loss. It is no fun having sick kids. You would rather be sick yourself. Ellie hadn't gained much weight her last appt either, but her Dr. isn't worried yet. She had been a funny eater. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.